The Weekly Report on Dignity Revolution’s Martyrs
From 25 till 31 October of 2014
Violations Documentation Center in Syria
Introduction and Citation:
This report covers the period from Sat 25–10-2014 until Fri 31–10-2014. However, it is worth pointing out the following:
- Fatalities of the regime, the Army of National Defense (Shabiha), Lebanese Hizbullah, Iraqi and Iranian Militias are not included in the reported death toll. The report includes the number of victims on the hands of the regime and the Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) and coalition forces against ISIS. It doesn’t include numbers of victims on the hands of other fighting brigades.
- These figures are not final in any way, and they are subject to continuous and periodic scrutiny by center’s activists, the data base administrators and the field documentation team.
- Figures may differ between reports, even within the same district, and this can be referred to the territorial audit that would reveal places of errors and faults, as well as the continuous follow up to identify undistinguished martyrs whenever they are identified.
Victims of the Week:
During this period, the Violations Documentation Center in Syria managed to document (401) victims in all the Syrian governorates, (331) of whom were documented by names, while (84) i.e.(20 % ) of the total number, were unidentified bodies because they had turned into carnages.
Two of them documented by photo and (40) of them documented by video and (42) were documented only by witnessing.
First: the Distribution of victims according to Governorates
Homs governorate witnessed the fall of the largest number of victims, as the total number was (90 victims) i.e. (22.5 %), followed by Damascus Suburbs (59 victims) i.e. (15 %), then Hama (53 victims) followed by Idlib (48 victims).
Second: the Distribution of victims according to Death Causes
(88) Victims i.e. (22 %) died as a result of fire shots and sniper bullets, whereas (179) of them i.e. (45 %) died because of air shelling and barrel bombs. Moreover, (62) victims i.e. (16 %) killed because of artillery shelling and mortar shelling.
VDC has also documented (53) detainees under torture in detention centers around Syria and (2) person due to starvation and siege by regime forces, in addition to one fighter due to chemical weapons in Harasta city at Damascus Suburbs in 25-10-2014.
Third: the Distribution of victims according to the Days of the Week
Wednesday 29th October 2014 witnessed the fall of the largest number of victims, when (100) of them fell i.e. (25 %) of the total number. After that, Saturday 25 October 2014 witnessed the fall of (74) martyrs i.e. (18.5 %) then Sunday 26 October 2014 witnessed the fall of (56) victims.
Fourth: the Distribution of victims according to Gender:
The number of male adult martyrs is (318 victims), i.e. (79 %) of the total number, the number of male children is (38 children), i.e. (10 %), the number of adult females is (24 victims), i.e. (6 %), the number of female children is (21 victims) i.e. (5 %).
Fifth: the Distribution of victims according to the Category (Civilian/ Non-civilian)
(287) civilian victims were reported i.e. (72 %) of the total number of victims, while only (114) fighters fell i.e. (28% (.
During this period Violations Documentation Center has documented more than (19) victims at the hands of the Islamic State in Iraq and Sham (ISIS/Daash) including (12) civilians, and (7) fighters of the Free Syrian Army and other fighting factions.
لأية ملاحظات أو أسئلة يمكن التواصل معنا عبر بريدنا الالكتروني
للاطلاع على تقاريرنا السابقة باللغة العربية
للاطلاع على تقاريرنا السابقة باللغة الإنكليزية