Throughout March 15th, 2011 to April 30, 2017, the Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS) documented a provisional total of 147,498 casualties. 80% of those killed were civilians accumulating to 117,788 civilian victims. The remaining 20% belonged to one of the fighting factions. The number of documented children during the indicated period is 16,261 Children victims at a rate of 11% of the total victims. The documented number of women casualties is 11,343 at a rate of 8% of the total victims.
The total number of combatants that DCHRS documented is approximately 29,710 casualties with a ratio of 20% of the total number of victims. Nevertheless, 19% is the ratio of women and children combined. Therefore, for every soldier killed, a child or a woman is killed, and about more than three civilians are also killed.
Based on the above statistics and charts, the Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS) calls the international community to terminate the indiscriminate aggression of aerial aviation, which is designed specifically to target civilians deliberately. DCHRS commends any efforts or initiatives to establish a safe zone in Syria, which shall save many lives of civilians. Furthermore, DCHRS condemns the constant aerial bombardment of the regime air forces, Russian air forces, and the U.S led coalition forces, for perpetrating crimes against humanity and war crimes against the Syrian Civilians. Also, DCHRS denounces the continues failure of the UN Security Council to achieve mechanisms to end violence in Syria, and to account crime perpetrators to justice. Additionally, DCHRS urges the UN and the international community to implement the “Ceasefire” agreement and to create a no-fly zone that could prevent the deaths of many children, women, and civilians.
DCHRS, inspired by its main mission in documenting and monitoring human rights violation in Syria and as a member of the International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP), urges all the concerned organization to work on, referring the cases of these massacres, and the many other massacres perpetrated by the Syrian regime, to the I.C.C. and the specialized courts, holding the individuals responsible for these crimes accountable including Bashar Al-Assad as he is the chief-in-command of the army and the armed forces.