Press Release, Robert H. Jackson Center
Originally Sent 6 December 2011
On December 3, 2011, Representative Brian Higgins (NY-27) announced that he has introduced a bill to name the newly-opened United States Federal Courthouse in Buffalo the “Robert H. Jackson United States Courthouse.” Rep. Higgins, who was joined in the announcement by Rep. Kathy Hochul (NY-26), noted that all twenty-nine members of the New York delegation in the House of Representatives are co-sponsors of the bill (H.R. 3556).
- CLICK HERE for video of the press conference.
- CLICK HERE for event photos.
- CLICK HERE for information on the federal courthouse construction.
- CLICK HERE for a Buffalo News article.
The legislation and its strong and wide support demonstrate the enduring relevance of Justice Jackson’s life and his legacy in law practice, as a federal jurist and in U.S. and international law. The Robert H. Jackson Center strives to advance this legacy through its mission to host exhibits, archives & educational programs.
Supporting the Jackson Center’s mission is crucial for future growth! The Jackson Center is currently engaged in a year-end Challenge Grant program that offers a 100% matching gift by the board of directors (up to $100,000). Generous donors have already met 70% of this challenge. Please call 716-483-6646 or CLICK HERE to help us reach and exceed the goal before December 31st!
Lastly, tis’ the season for holiday shopping…..
- CLICK HERE for items available through the Robert H. Jackson Center’s bookstore items.
- CLICK HERE for information on ordering a custom-engraved, commemorative brick to honor someone special. This lasting tribute will be installed around the Jackson Center’s front entrance flagpole.